Thursday, October 9, 2014

It's here! It's here! Thank you Good Housekeeping!


It's here! It's here! I'm so honored to be a part of "The New Face of Heart Disease" in the November issue of Good Housekeeping magazine! It was amazingly surreal to read my own story in a magazine! Good Housekeeping has been a part of my family since my first memories. My grandmothers, aunts and my mom all read Good Housekeeping and I remember flipping though it when I was younger, imagining myself baking the recipes in its pages or decorating my bedroom with brightly colored linens and unique throw pillows. So to say I am included in its archives is a huge privilege. 

Thank you to Amanda Robb who wrote the article, Janie Matthews who did the fact checking, Andrew Thomas Lee the amazing photographer who took my pictures (of which I get to see in 30 days!), Jillian Caro who did the hair and makeup, and Marina Harnik who was the Photo Editor. Did I miss anyone from GH? I sure hope not because they were all very kind and encouraging.

A huge thank you to my friend Kathleen who put up with me through the process, graciously opened her home up for the photo shoot and kept me sane. 

P.S. Check out the other 2 women featured! One was an army lawyer and the other a reporter in D.C.! 

Here I am!
This is the cover. Just me and Eva, y'know. ;)

1 comment: