Wednesday, October 29, 2014

High Hopes

Listen, I'd love to write you a blog about how successful my #34before34 has gone. I'd write about how my mission of self-discovery has led me to a higher level of self actualization than I could've possibly dreamed of. My life would become stress free, I would dance with unicorns on a rainbow in the land of cookies and puppies. However, that ain't it.

Reality is I've only accomplished 15 items off my list (#23 is a stretch-I didn't write an article but I feel like being in Good Housekeeping counts for something, darn it!). The school teacher in me is screaming "15/34 is only a 44%! You're getting an F in life!" Fact is, at this point the most I can get is 30/34, because the items in red are a big, fat FAIL. I didn't finish 2 months of NutriSystem (at least not all at once), my Half Marathon was cancelled (sure, it wasn't MY fault), I an an OTF drop out (the classes and my schedule were not friends) and I didn't blog every week (alright, alright, I'll own up to this one).

However, some things have been crossed off. I did manage to take the furry child to the beach last weekend. He walked to the marina, chilled on a balcony with a view of the ocean and enjoyed some delicious mango rum...I wish I was kidding.
My friend Kevin thinks manatee mailboxes are fun

#beachdog

My co-pilot, beach bound!

My friend Amy and I also made it to Chicago! We had an amazing weekend full of food, fun and mayhem. I ate a grilled cheese that had mac n' cheese on it....IT WAS AMAZEBALLS. I swear I could hear my arteries clog as I ate it but soooo worth it. My hair looked amazing, I rocked warm clothes and I took in the sights. Did I mention I ate a lot?

The bean!


Go Cubs. Or at least look at how cute this new scarf is!


So I didn't accomplish what I expected to by this point. What's a girl to do? Carry on. Frankly my friend Kathleen warned me this list would be near to impossible and I should have listened. She is always right. Did this list give me some anxiety? Yes. Is my job insane this year? Yes. Do I need sleep? Yes. so moving forward I have exactly one month left. I doubt I will get a 30/34 but perhaps this list is about more than accomplishing things. Maybe this is all a good lesson in patience and allowing myself to not fulfill every list that comes along. It has been a long time since I haven't accomplished something I've set out to do, and this will be a real blow to my ego. Maybe that's what I need. Come the end of November I'll let you know. Until then, I'm off to relax and enjoy life. I hope you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment