Tuesday, September 16, 2014

2014 Greater Orlando Heart Walk

This year's Greater Orlando Heart Walk was another success! First off, thank you to everyone who helped me reach my fundraising goal. I raised $500 total!

Money, money, MONEY!
This year I did something a little different. I volunteered with the Passion Committee! Instead of getting there right before the Walk began, I was able to drag my tired behind out of bed at 3:30 AM and report to duty at the Advocacy tent! Along with a few other Passion Committee ladies we got people to sign postcards for elected officials regarding the lack of CPR as a graduation requirement here in Florida. I got to speak to other survivors, family members, even high school students who were in support of the change. We obviously were the coolest tent EVER because we had temporary tattoos. Hotness.
You're The Cure...you're obviously b@da$$ too
It's amazing my eyes were this open at 5 AM
Finally, the sun rose in the sky and people flooded the UCF campus including my loves, Lina & Jo. This was Lina's first Heart Walk! Jo is no stranger on this blog either. As I've said before, he walked in memory of his mother who died from a heart attack in 2009 and then helped me survive mine. He even rocked his heart guardian tee I got him.
My lovers for the morning
And we're off! 3 miles in the hot Florida sun. I'm used to the mileage, but we always run before the sun comes up so this was brutal. But we made it through. Another successful Walk!


Let's do this!

Almost done! Must. Have. Breakfast.
Until next year!


1 comment:

  1. I can feel the pain of having heart attack in that young age. A good lifestyle can prevent us from heart attack. If you want to read more health articles, please visit on following link.
    http://www.globalbrandsmagazine.com/category/health/

    ReplyDelete