Sunday, July 27, 2014

Solvin' Mysteries & Crossin' Out Stuff

I'm well on my way to completing my list of 34 things I want to accomplish before turning 34! I figure that if I complete an average of 1.79 items a week I will be right on track to finish by my birthday! Yes, I realize I just dorked out. Math is cool, yo.

This week I solidly accomplished 2 items and I'm working on items in blue/italicized.
I'm working on sticking with OTF, blogging weekly and stressing less. Those are *in progress.* (I think stressing less is always in progress for me, but you get the picture!) My 2 solid accomplishments were to try Stitch Fix and to go to The Great Escape room. Now for a quick recap.


The Great Escape Room
The Great Escape Room is a place that recently opened here in Central Florida. It's basically a puzzle room. You get a team of 10 people (in our case we were a team of 6 and a team of 4 signed up with us) and you are placed in a room. A number padlock is placed on the door. You have an hour to solve all of the puzzles, answer the clues, find the code and get the heck out of the room. We definitely rocked it but we were literally a minute too late. The puzzles were amazingly challenging and we are definitely going to try again when they have a new room next month! So glad we did it!
The team!

Stitch Fix
I'm not going to say this was a total fail, but this was a...complete....bust. Ok, it was a fail. Now, I consider myself to be a stellar shopper. I know what style I like, I pick out great pieces and I even bargain shop and find some kick booty deals. I've been told numerous times my blog should really be about shopping. Sure, in all my free time. So I was a little hesitant about Stitch Fix. But I've been dying to see some new, different things in my wardrobe that you might not see everyday. That is exactly the opposite of what I got. Below are 4 of my boring-as-heck pieces, plus I got a pair of jeans that fit amazing but there was no way I was going to pay $78 for a pair of jeans, no matter how slammin' my backside looked. I got a very basic white top and a boatneck striped shirt. They were both just ok, but I could find the same shirts at H&M for a fraction of the price. The teal, draped-neck top was just horrible. No one with a chest needs the combination of v-neck AND draping in a jersey material. Whew. The striped dress on the bottom right was just cheap looking and I'm pretty sure I've seen the same piece at Ross for under $15. This dress was over $50. So everything got sent back. I wrote one heck of an online review and I'm giving it one more chance in September so we'll see. For now I'll stick with my own picks.



This week
Tomorrow I begin my first week of Nutrisystem. The food has been sorted and is ready to go, the body measurements have been made and recorded (horrifying) and I am determined to make it through 2 months of this. Things I will miss? Alcohol, coffee creamer (just the first week), and my freedom. I will just keep visualizing the hotness that will eventually occur and power through. The first week is definitely the hardest because it's just the food plus 4 veggies a day. Next week I will be able to add things like string cheese (OMG cheeeeese.....I really love cheese) and yogurt.

This week I also hope to accomplish updating my media kit and maybe getting trying Fabletics or buying a Keurig. I'd like to say I'll be ambitious and rebuild the shelf or clean out the closet but I will probably be an angry little elf this week. I also realized that I have a few things that aren't going to happen until my Nutrisystem time is up (Orlando Brewing, Cafe Tu Tu Tango) so those would be easier to cross out but they will have to wait until October or November. So this week I will be easy on myself and do what I can. 

The kids helping with my Nutrisystem food

Don't forget that in honor of my 200th post, I'm doing a giveaway! Big stuff people, big stuff!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment