Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 7: #$%!

First of all, a moment of awe to honor my new Forerunner 220. She's a beaut, eh? The 405 and I have ended our 3 year relationship and decided it's best we part ways. Actually, in a fit of frustration I threw it on the floor of my car and bought a new one that morning. I named her Violet. She has Bluetooth. Judge at your leisure.

Hey Violet, hey girl.
Also, let's take another moment to be excited that Trader Joe's finally opened in Central Florida! Yes, we went. Yes, we filled our cart with amazingness. Yes, we waited 30 minutes to checkout. Yes, it was worth it. I've waited for this since I moved to Florida, frankly. Healthy(ier) food at reasonable prices? I can't.

But wait...there's more! I started working out at Orange Theory Fitness this week! OTF is a 60 minute workout that combines strength training and cardio. Each client wears a heart rate monitor (I'm no stranger there) to track their workout on screens in the room. The goal is to spend most of your workout in the green, orange and a little in the red. It's supposed to torch fat like a lighter. It has definitely worked for my friend Amy, so I thought it was time to kick it up a notch and I joined. I'm starting out with 2x a week for now to see how it works with my schedule. So far so good. I like it because it's a small class (20ish) so I don't feel lost in the crowd but I don't have a one-on-one trainer (those make me nervous). The trainer definitely knows what everyone in the class is doing and the workouts are never the same. Let me tell you, I'm sore. Super sore. Like, just rode a horse sore. So I know it's working.
This is not an actual screen from my gym, photo creds go to RexStJohn.com. Just wanted to give you a reference point.
My runs are already feeling stronger. It's been 3 week since we started this running session and I definitely notice a difference. Saturday's run was easier, with less walk breaks and we even walked another 2 miles after! 

Ok, now all of that being said, here are my stats for the week. I almost couldn't believe it either. But, instead of throwing in towel, I shall #justkeepswimming. Err, running....y'know what I mean.

lbs lost: 0.0 lbs (Total lost: 3.4)
Yes, that's correct. Running, OTF, logging my food and I'm STILL STUCK.
$ earned: $3.40 total. #ridic #stillbroke
Toughest Part of the Week: The. Scale. Still. Says. Zero.
Easiest Part of the Week: Getting excited about working out at OTF.

Tomorrow is another day. Another day where I work out at 5:30 AM. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment