Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 2 Recap

Have you ever had one of those weeks where the Earth feels like it is spinning around you and you are just standing still? This was how my week started. Work was demanding, personal life obligations were demanding and then...bam. I got hit with a bomb, as if things weren't spinning fast enough.

This week I went home because my grandmother passed away. She passed away early in the morning on Tuesday and by Tuesday evening I had a plane ticket home. Rather, to Buffalo. Buying a ticket from Florida to New York last minute is never pretty, so I chose the cheapest route, which was Buffalo. Since my middle sis lives there I flew into the Buff and drove the 5 1/2 hours home with her. So after my 3 hour flight to D.C., layover, delayed flight, 2 hour flight into Buffalo and drive across the state, Wednesday was over before I knew it.

Thursday was a day with my sister and mom and then the private service at the funeral home. My grandmother's house is on a huge farm in upstate NY and I spent a lot of time getting into a ridiculous amount of trouble there with my siblings and cousins. So, when we arrived at her house for a family gathering after the service, the memories definitely came flooding back. The window we broke, the hill we went down in a plastic pool, the rock wall I hit with a 4-wheeler. It was a lot to take in. [Side note, what is it with white people and funeral food?! Casseroles, carbs and sweets...the 3 groups of food for those in mourning.] But, I digress.

I will leave any other details of this week out of this post out of respect for my family, but I will say that I was glad to be there for my mom and rekindle relationships with family members. It was a good couple of days to remind myself to slow down, because life is short.

On the weight loss front, I wasn't expecting much. I tried to do extra laps in the airport and log my food, but when I stepped on the scale I was pleasantly surprised!

 lbs lost: 1.4 
$ earned: $1.40? Nope, mama rounds DOWN!
Toughest Part of the Week: Making good decisions on the road & not eating my feelings
Easiest Part of the Week: Logging-LoseIt is so convenient!
Pic for this week:
Congress Park selfie

My fam

No comments:

Post a Comment