Sunday, April 20, 2014

IOA Corporate 5k

I know, I know, I'm on a running break. But between us, I'm getting chunkier by the day and I actually miss running. Not getting up super early, don't get it twisted. I miss being with my running friends, I miss the excitement of checking my time, & I miss the feeling of accomplishment after a run. So Tuesday I am back to running. Or was it Thursday?

Thursday I ran with the American Heart Association IOA Corporate 5k team. More like we began the race together and then I ran/walked the 3 miles with some in front of me and some behind me. It was a fun race minus the fact that there were over 18,000 runners. INSANE. But fun...did I mention I miss running?

My time? About 41 minutes, putting me almost at a 13:30 pace. Not bad for a girl who has been sitting on her fat booty the last month. I ran the first mile in just over 11 minutes, shocking even myself. Then I decided I should slow down and enjoy the race. So, I chillaxed and did what I could. Thanks to the Orlando chapter of the American Heart Association for letting me tag along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment