Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Fat (& Tired) Tuesday

Happy Tuesday. No seriously, it's a happy Tuesday! I just got back from my rheumatology appointment. No lupus, no thyroid problems, no inflammation. Good news, right? Sure, I have no idea what this crippling exhaustion is or why I can't remember what I had for dinner the night before or where I put my cell phone (today it was underneath a pile of papers on my desk) but at least I'm in the clear as far as all of these things go. It doesn't make me feel better about the 20 extra lbs I'm carting around or the fact that I feel like I'm 97 years old. 98% of me is thrilled but 2% of me wishes I had some answers. Is it the boatload of medication I'm on? Am I secretly depressed and I have no idea? Did sleep elves crawl into my ears and tell my brain to be tired all the time? Who knows. But for now I have to be ok without answers.

Saturday I ran with Kathleen. We did her 45s/2m intervals which was fine with me! Better than fine! I actually made it, ate breakfast, and made it through a shopping extravaganza at Old Navy, chorus rehearsal and date night before I was ready to pass out. It's been awhile since I was that productive. 

Now excuse me, it's time for my nap.
It's 5:30 am...do you know where your sanity is?

Even Max has been tired. Max, it's a bed, not a pillow.


No comments:

Post a Comment