Sunday, January 26, 2014

Seasons 52 5.2k

Yesterday was perfection. I woke up at 4 AM to run 4 miles with Amy before we met Kathleen for the Seasons 52 5.2k. This was Kathleen's first race since foot surgery and she was amazing! Amy and I chased after her the entire race. Since I'm the slowest walker ever, we decided to make this a speed walking training. After careful look at my intervals lately, I see how much my minute walk breaks are slowing down my overall pace. So we pushed our walk pace and finished with a pace of 14:54! Not bad! I don't think I've ever walked faster than 16:00 in my life!

The rest of the day was spent stuffing race packets for The Amazeball Race (post to come) and movie night with my love. *Insert shameless plug for August: Osage County here* 

Amy, Kathleen and I - Photo creds go to Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment