Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sleep Study


This Monday night I had a sleep study. I was extremely nervous. I think it takes a lot of trust to allow someone to watch you sleep all night. But, I packed up my animal print throw and my iPad and headed out the door.

I got there around 8:30 and filled out all sorts of information like how I feel like I sleep, if I snore, etc. Then I was wired up and ready to go. Well, technically I watched Teen Mom 3 and Rachel Maddow, and THEN slept. Gotta soak up the free cable. I'm so pathetic.

I slept horribly. I didn't want to disturb any of the wires so I tried to stay as still as possible in a very awkward position. But before I knew it, my wake up call was in my ear. I headed out the door and back home to shower before work.

According to the National Sleep Foundation, there is a link (although not a causal one) from heart disease to sleep apnea. Low oxygen levels while sleeping can put a serious strain on the heart. This may or may not be another piece of the crazy heart attack puzzle for me. Either way, it was definitely one of the more interesting experiences I've had.


Heelloooo throw.
Those are going on ME?!

Ever feel like you're being watched?
I quickly took a very blurry picture in the dark before the cameras went on. Shh, don't tell.

1 comment: