Saturday, April 6, 2013

April Challenge, Day 6: Rough Start

I have had this problem all of my life-I'm not a morning person. That is an understatement, let me try that again. I HATE MORNINGS. Hm, even that isn't strong enough. I don't hate many things, but mornings, going to the dentist and olives are right up at the top of the list. Running is a morning sport. We run early in the morning, before the sun comes out and the traffic picks up. Tuesdays and Thursdays I need to be at workouts by 5 a.m.. Yes that's right, 5:00. As in 2 hours before the official sunrise. I'm hit and miss-I will go a few weeks waking up on time and then I'll have a week where I sleep through my 16,398 alarms and barely make it to work on time.

Today I overslept. I was supposed to meet Amy for 6 miles at 6:00 a.m., then we would pick Kathleen up at 3 and run back. No go. I woke up to text messages at 6:00 on the dot. I. Was. So. Mad. So Amy ran to the 3 and Kathleen and I met her and ran the last 3 miles.

Helllooooo carrot
After running, we went on a bike ride. This is only the 2nd time I've been on a bike in my adult life, and the first time was around 12 miles. This time I made it 17 miles and only hurt myself once. Lesson learned-don't put your foot down when the pedals are still spinning. You'll get smacked on the back of the ankle. Oops. Also, I only got yelled at twice by other bikers for being on the wrong side of the trail. Ha.

All in all, a rough start but an active and heart-healthy morning. ♥
I'm on a bike!


Kathleen and Amy leading the way. Yes, I took this while moving! SKILLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment