Monday, January 28, 2013

ONE YEAR!

Instead of blogging the day of my one year anniversary of being heart attack free, I took the day to enjoy it. I took a personal day from work, slept in, got a massage, got my car cleaned, shopped, and got a mani/pedi. I took the entire day to reflect on the past year and enjoy being alive. I relished the day. I cuddled my fuzzy kids, sent text messages to the ones I love, and even listened to music that reminded me that being alive is an amazing thing. Dinner and a night out with a dear friend was a great ending to the day.

It's funny, this one year anniversary. In my mind I had anticipated a highly emotional day filled with anxiety, big emotional reactions and tears. Instead I felt really at peace. I had a smile on my face most of the day. I felt calm, relaxed, and (dare I say it) more mature than I have in a long time. Each minute seemed like seconds because the day was one big ride on a cloud. I took in large gulps of fresh air and exhaled deeply. I felt deeply. Might I say, it felt good. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment