Saturday, December 29, 2012

11 months!

This morning I've accomplished a 6 mile run, breakfast with the OKARG, laundry, dishes, vacuuming and steam cleaning the floors, plus a shower. Not bad for 9:30 a.m.! What, might you ask, is sparking this new wave of energy? Progress. These last couple of weeks have been stressful-I had my platelets tested because of these darn bruises (all good, holllllerrrr), the shooting in Connecticut has me anxiety-ridden at work, and the usual holiday stress has been ridic. BUT, I'm FINE. I'm coming around to my old self, where I stress but not to the point of making myself sick. I am letting things roll of my shoulders more and more each day. In fact, Christmas day was my 11 month anniversary and I barely spent any time thinking about the heart attack. I took a moment to reflect, then put it to the side. It felt amazing. The stress of this year is feeling more and more like a memory and less like something I need to deal with on a daily basis. With the year anniversary coming up in a month, I'm interested to see how I will react.

Running wise, I have been slacking. Morning workouts during vacay have definitely suffered. The kids are just too cute to wake up at 4 a.m.! They love having me home more. So today was the first time I've gone for a run this week. It turned into a 6 miler which was fine by me. This next week I need to kick it into high gear because my next race is a half marathon in Safety Harbor on Feb 2nd. Any ideas for halfs next year? Who is doing something in Florida? ♥  
Best Damn Race here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment