Monday, October 1, 2012

Bart Yasso!

One of the biggest bummers about missing the Pittsburgh Marathon this spring was not meeting Bart Yasso at the Expo. Amanda got to meet him and I was super jealy. Some rockstar stats about Yasso?

  • He is one of an elite group of runners who has completed a marathon on all 7 continents
  • He was inducted into the Running USA Hall of Champions
  • The Yasso 800s workout is named after him
  • He has completed some of the hardest and most regarded races on the planet, including the Mt. Kilimanjaro marathon and the Badwater 146 through Death Valley (twice!)
  • He contracted lyme disease and KEEPS RUNNING
If that doesn't give Yasso rockstar status, I don't know what does. I'm stoked that I got to meet him. He was super down to earth and even had a whole conversation with Amanda and I. He told me a little bit about his experience with Lyme Disease and a trip to the hospital when he had a racing heart. I told him about my heart attack and he was amazingly supportive and inspiring. His message was to love the run and not give up. I might not run Kilimanjaro anytime soon but I feel much better about moving forward. ♥

Yeaahhh that's his signature! Coincidentally it's almost where my heart attack tat is!

No comments:

Post a Comment