Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Maiden Voyage

Today was my first run since the heart attack! To say I was nervous is an understatement...I was terrified. I was worried I would disappoint myself, worried what I looked like running, worried about world peace...you name it. But, once I started it's like my body knew what to do. I did 3:1s for most of the run, but there were a couple times my heart rate shot up (like, 176!) and I took it back down and walked for a few minutes. All of my running intervals were at least 13:20 with a couple at 10:00! So all in all, a decent maiden voyage. I won't even begin to describe my emotional state since it was all over the place. The highlight? I beat the 10 year old on the treadmill next to me. Ha, it's the little things. ♥
Anyone have a bottle of champagne I can bust on the side of this baby?
5k baby!
Not so bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment