Thursday, April 12, 2012

Me - A Guest Speaker?!

Last week I got an email from the Communications Director (Hey Jenna!:)) of the Orlando Chapter of the American Heart Association. I was asked to tell my story to the Young Professionals (PULSE) group of the AHA at the Citrus Club downtown. Each month the Citrus Club holds a Cocktails for a Cause event, and this month it was the AHA. Needless to say I was nervous as anything. This entire experience has been extremely emotional and I didn't want to end up in the fetal position or rocking like Rainman in the corner. But, I made it. I MADE IT! It pretty much ranks as one of the most amazing nights of my life, actually. I was able to open a few eyes to people who obviously couldn't figure out why I was the guest speaker and I got to talk to a bunch of professionals from many walks of life and experiences with heart disease. I think it might be the first time I've felt like myself since the heart attacks. I'll keep some of the more personal thoughts and details to myself so that I can relish in the moments for awhile. Let's just say I am...happy. ♥
On my way!
The view from The Citrus Club
Doing my thannng. It's called networking. Ha.
Nervous!
The amazing gift basket the raffle winner gave me!

1 comment:

  1. You were awesome!!! Thank you for coming and sharing your story :)

    ReplyDelete