Friday, March 30, 2012

LINDA!

Since leaving the hospital I've been thinking about how thankful I am. I'm thankful for a second lease on life, friends that are amazing, and the path that lead me to this point. I'm also super thankful for the staff at ORMC that saved my life. 

I'm also thankful for Linda. Linda was my day nurse for most of my time in the hospital. She is one of the kindest, most insightful people I've ever met. She gave me many words of wisdom and was there when I had my 'trip down memory lane,' or the after shock a few days after the heart attacks. I've been looking for a way to express my appreciation. I wrote the hospital a letter about all of the people that were so helpful, but I wanted to do something for Linda in particular. So today I went back to the hospital to bring Linda a bouquet of flowers and a card. She actually saw me first and gave me a huge hug. It felt so good to see her again and thank her in a better state of mind. Of course I needed a picture of her. I'm surprised a halo didn't materialize above her head. 

P.S. It was incredibly eerie walking into the cardiac department. I definitely had a good cry in the elevator but for a totally different reason than the last time. ♥  
Linda and I standing in front of the sweet mural on the cardiac floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment