Saturday, February 4, 2012

No 5k For Me

Today was the Lady Track Shack 5k to benefit Florida Hospital. I had signed up for it a month ago and I was supposed to be running with 3 of our CMS kids. Unfortunately (and obviously) that didn't happen. So I went to cheer them on. The walk was tiring but worth it when I saw them come across the finish line. Amanda took this great action shot below, mid-run. I'm so proud of them!

Today also helped me put some things into perspective. This isn't the end of my running days. There were cancer survivors and their loved ones crossing the finish line, crying and praying. My break from running is just temporary. I will pick it up again and feel some normalcy. Until then I will be proud that we've inspired a new generation. ♥  
Go girls!
The finish line!
Mile 3! Almost there!
I'm looking rough but you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment