Monday, February 13, 2012

Back To Work

Today was my first day back to teaching after my heart attack. I was extremely anxious Sunday night. I was worried I wouldn't make it through the day...worried I wouldn't act myself...worried I would be awkward about the whole thing. 1st and 2nd period went well but when I got to lunch I could feel my body starting to rebel. I had a mini-breakdown before 3rd period and had to take a minute. 3rd and 4th were just ok and by my planning I was DONE. I honestly didn't think I had another class in me. By the time 6th period came around I just plugged through. Physically, the day was not the best. 

My students were so excited to see me and had tons of questions for me about the heart attack. They wanted to know what it felt like, if I'm scared it will happen again, if Max missed me, if the hospital food was any good and if I could've died. Some of the questions were fun to answer (food) and some were quite difficult. I like to be honest with my kids but to a point. I'm so proud of their questions though! 

I also got plenty of visits from my 7th and 8th graders and tons of hugs. One of my students from last year even said she had been waiting to tell me she finished her first 5k in 33:00! It's moments like this that make me so happy in my job. ♥  
I'm back! Ignore the messy shelf but check out my heart cardigan!
Yes that's a cookie cake from one of my kids. That's also an alien. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment